[linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel does not boot

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Wed Sep 20 14:32:29 EDT 2006

On Wednesday, 20. September 2006 18:11, carmen wrote:
> you can try adding kernel arguments like: noapic, nolapic, noacpi,
> irqpoll (not all at once)

Well, most of my efforts so far revolved around these kernel arguments,
but none of them makes any difference (except for acpi=off, whithout
which the thinkpad hangs even earlier).

> you can try changing the kernel config. irq polling styles (at-apic vs
> acpi is it?) cpu types (i386 vs Athlon), scheduler types (cfq vs this
> vs that)

All this doesn't seem to help either, unfortunately :/

One more thing I've noticed: It doesn't matter if the kernel is actually
compiled with realtime preemption enabled. Just patching a vanilla kernel
and then configuring it for "Low-Latency Desktop" will produce a kernel
that does not boot...

    Dominic