[linux-audio-user] Command line tool for sending SysEx to a syhtn?

ce at christeck.de ce at christeck.de
Thu Sep 21 08:52:03 EDT 2006

Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt at terra.es> wrote:

> I've seen SysExxer and it looks very nice. Unfortunately it's not
> packaged for Debian and as I'm a Gnome user I feel a bit boring
> installing KDE libs for compiling.

You can try Simple Sysexxer which "only" requires Qt4 (not Qt3) instead
of KDE:
http://christeck.de
I'm not sure if Debian offers a Qt4 package and if you can install it besides
Qt3.

> Is there any straightforward command line tool for sending SysEx to my
> synth?

amidi is easy to use. Disadvantage: You need to disconnect the desired
port from
any other port in aconnect before you can read/write via amidi.

> If the answer is *no* then I'll go for SysExxer.

Sysexxer is unmaintained and its ALSA support wasn't finished (it still
needs an
OSS device to work properly). I'd like to recommend Simple Sysexxer for
unknown
reason :) .

Cheers,

ce