[linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel does not boot

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Thu Sep 21 17:07:58 EDT 2006

On Thursday, 21. September 2006 22:33, Lee Revell wrote:
> What's wrong with it?  People keep making these vague statements that
> the -rt kernel is unstable, but I haven't seen any details.

I'm not saying -rt is unstable per se, I've been running realtime kernels
on my main desktop machine for more than a year, with little problems.

However, 2.6.18-rt3 is not working very well so far. For one thing, the
e100 network driver seems to be broken (it compiles and loads, but it's
not functional). Also, dmesg is full of call traces.
I'm sure things will improve in future versions, and in the meantime I'll
try to gather some more info/call traces and report it.

    Dominic