[linux-audio-user] WINE and ASIO

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Sep 25 07:26:46 EDT 2006

Greetings:

Recently I tested Robert Reif's ASIO driver for WINE. It works okay for
some small test apps (asiosiggen and asiodump). I also tested it with
NI's FM7, the app opens fine but I got no sound from it. I even loaded
and played a MIDI file as a demo but still got no joy from the audio.

I'm curious to try other ASIO-driven apps but I need some
recommendations for light-to-middle weight programs for testing.
Free/shareware is best, but feel free to suggest commercial apps too. I
don't use Win/Mac music apps and I have no idea where to start.

Best,

dp