[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Uno?

Clemens Ladisch cladisch at fastmail.net
Mon Sep 25 08:21:58 EDT 2006

Jordan wrote:
> I was thinking about using the M-Audio UNO, a USB MIDI interface that is
> lower in cost than most of them, but is a bit more expensive than, for
> example, a joystick-port cable.

If you have a sound card or mainboard with a gameport, a gameport/MIDI
adapter cable will be cheaper.

> Is anyone on this list successfully using this device with Linux or do I
> need to look at a different one?

For the Uno, you may need to install the firmware load package from
<http://usb-midi-fw.sf.net/>.

Linux supports any USB MIDI interface that is standard compliant.  You
can detect such devices by the fact that they don't need a separate
driver for OS X or Windows XP.

Have a look at
<http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/search_res.php?pattern=midi+interface>.

HTH