[linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel does not boot

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Sep 25 13:02:12 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 11:53:20AM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 11:27 -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > Further, I had also patched the
> > kernel with a non-official bigphysarea patch.
> >

> What happens if you don't do that?

No crashes so far.  If I add the bigphysarea patch but don't run the
video application, I also don't seem to get any crashes either.  It
isn't feasible to run the video application without bigphys area
though.

This is at work.  I'm using a AJA Oem HS video card (like their Xena XS
card for Windows) using driver's supplied by AJA, along with the source
code.  So, not as bad as ATI or Nvidia, but still not great.  However,
there is no similar product supported by any sort of open source
drivers.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net