[linux-audio-user] WINE and ASIO

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Sep 25 15:10:01 EDT 2006

Jean-Baptiste Mestelan wrote:

> Okay, I'll submit a non-free, non open-source Window host :-o

You're a brave companion, Jean-Baptiste. :)

> - FL Studio
> You can download a trial version from http://www.flstudio.com/
> I am not sure if this is middle-sized : in one sense it is a complete
> software studio.
> However, as this software is widely popular, it might be interesting
> to test it ?

Okay, I got it up and apparently running, but: I didn't know enough
about it to produce a sound from anything I could do, and it crashes
whenever I try to load an example file. If I can make some sound on my
own the rest of the problem might be resolved with a file format fix.

I also tried an older version of Kontakt, it works nicely. FM7 still
looks like it's working, but I still get no audio from it. :(

The Renoise demo comes with ASIO support disabled, not much good to me
right now.

> PS :The program installation went all right on my (Gentoo + Wine )
> box, but it crashes at runtime. I've not succeeded in installing the
> ASIO-wine driver here, rather sadly...

Have you been reporting to Robert ?

Best,

dp