[linux-audio-user] Solved: flash movie buffering problems

Rob lau at kudla.org
Mon Sep 25 19:48:36 EDT 2006

On Monday 25 September 2006 13:25, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I use a perl script called youtube-dl to grab video from
> youtube and then watch them in Mplayer.  It is ugly, but on
> the upside, it doesn't require flash player, which I feel has

I do the same thing, but using Greasemonkey and the following
script:

http://www.linuxin.dk/forum/index.php?ops=linuxin&fmode=vis&visid=22580&grid=20&quoteid=171949&qind=0

(about halfway down....)

There are others too, if you google for greasemonkey youtube.  It
seamlessly replaces the Flash applet on the Youtube page with a
download link for the .flv file.  Of course, you need the
greasemonkey extension for Firefox (I think I heard it's
available for Opera too.)

Rob