[linux-audio-user] Re: ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

Jean-Baptiste Mestelan mestelan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 03:40:59 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il> wrote:
> MIDI works fine but one must specify the -mididev if this is not the first
> alsa/oss device. Mine being the second one, I have to give it /dev/midi1 in a
> OSS mode and hw129:0 in ALSA. I assume there is a way of (setting up for)
> using device names instead of this stuff.

Please, David :
how did you make out the correct id (hw129) for your midi device ?
I also have a USB keyboard as my second soundcard, but I cannot make
out its id ...
It is listed in /proc/devices as KONTROL49, but that is not a correct
id for Bristol, obviously ...

Also, to Nick :
would it be possible for Bristol MIDI connections to show up in
QJackctl or Patchage ? This would enable ignorants like me to patch
Bristol to their MIDI devices :-)

Regards.