[linux-audio-user] card latency

David Causse nomoa at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 27 14:54:22 EDT 2006

Hi,

I played with latency thanks to jdelay from Fons Adriaensen
and I noticed my card (Delta44) consume 61 frames and
the Digital Mixer seems to add 2 frames of delay. 44,1 48 and 96
give the same results.
My nvidia CK804 included in my motherboard consumes only 14
frames.
I had expected better results from the Delta44.
Maybe I'm wrong with the test?

I can run ardour+jamin on a 16 tracks song at 64*2 frames
without xruns (except when graph change).
I am surprised that my computer can mix 16 tracks with
eq/reverbs/comp... in the amount of 128 frames and a $200 card
that just need to process 2ch of audio and DA/AD needs 61
frames...

Is there any other users who owns an ice1712 chip have tried
to test their card latency?

David.