[linux-audio-user] COMPETITION: Most Loaded Desktop Screenshot

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Sep 29 07:04:01 EDT 2006

Le Jeudi 28 Septembre 2006 08:42, Patrick Shirkey a écrit :
> lanas wrote:
> > Le Jeudi 28 Septembre 2006 03:05, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> >> This screenshot from the Pure Data Wikipedia page is pretty loaded:
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Screenshot10.png
> >
> > I can't understand how some people can cram that much apps in one desktop
> > when in Linux you can get 8 (and more) desktops to do the uncluttering.
> > Perhaps these people are so used to Windows...
> >
> > For instance, I run Ardour in one desktop, Hydrogen in another, Zyn and
> > Linux Sampler yet in another, and I keep one for jack and other small
> > apps.  I've assigned the keys Alt-1 to Alt-4 to easily switch between
> > them and I always keeps those apps in the same desktops, meaning for
> > instance that to see Ardour it's always Alt-4.
>
> That's great that you can use these possibilities but would you be
> interested in making a visual representation of such???

It may very well be too early in the morning for me to fully understand this,
but I do not get the 'possibilities' bit.  U mean, multiple desktops, as far
as I know, is part of X (xorg if you wish), and by 'functional inheritance'
so to speak, all Linux window managers and desktop managers support ihis.
Are you saying that there are Linux users out there that are oblivious to the
fact that they have multiple desktops ?

Cheers.
Al