[linux-audio-user] ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:01:52 EDT 2006

>Can [the ARP 2600] process external inputs?

It is coded to do so, however this is one part that has not been tested, at
all, so your millage will not exactly vary as it will probably be more like
petrol into a diesel tank. I also think you will get different results from
jack vs alsa drivers as they are organised differently within bristol.

>feed an organ sound into an ARP patch for some Won't Get Fooled Again fun
>:)

That is currently not possible but is on the list of enhancements.
Eventually bristol may register each synth as separate IO into jack, so you
can then tie it all together as you like. The dirty workaround of invoking
two bristol into jack will also fail as the name space 'bristol' may clash?
I was considering putting the pid into the registration to avoid this issue,
but that remains mildly ugly.

Regards,

Nick.