[linux-audio-user] COMPETITION: Most Loaded Desktop Screenshot

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Sep 29 14:07:35 EDT 2006

Hallo,
lanas hat gesagt: // lanas wrote:

> BTW, what can you do with puredata ? Is this some kind of audio theoricist
> tools to analyze abstractly sound data and does it have pratical uses ?

Pd is Turing complete, so it is able to perform any computational
task. It is generally used for realtime generation and manipulation of
audio and graphics. Just some weeks ago, the first book on Pure Data
including DVD was published: http://pd-graz.mur.at/label/book01

For examples of music made with Pd I would like to point you to the
PDradio at http://pdradio.iem.at/ but unfortunatly the server is
broken ATM. There are more than a hundred Pd tracks online there
normally, and the streams as well as the annoucer in between the
tracks are made with Pd as well. In the meantime you could browse
www.puredata.info to get a glimpse of what the Pd community is about.

Pd also is used to let robots headbang: http://www.robotrockband.com

Ciao