[linux-audio-user] ALSA MIDI translator for PhatBoy controller

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Sep 30 08:31:06 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 13:31, Patrick Shirkey was like:
> But the average user doesn't want to do either and will be happy to open
> up a gui applet that gives them exactly that function and no more if it
> "just works (tm)"

This is the ultimate Linux debate. Ismael is not an average user. He is happy
to ride the self-built swiss army pushbike. Part of the appeal of Linux is
that you can simply script it yourself. If it turns out to be a useful
script, you can package it up and share it around. Some newbies actually
regard this as an interesting possibility. No, of course they're not normal
either. ;)
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim
We are the people We've been waiting for.