[LAU] Re: [linux-audio-user] Create high-pitch noises like the mosquito device

listreader listreader at lupulin.net
Tue Apr 3 11:52:03 EDT 2007

Robin Gareus wrote:
> If you've got some more time to
> exercise, it's easy to do a hardware implementation - it's called
> "astable multivibrator" take a battery, two Transistors a Cap and few
> Resistors,... - eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivibrator - for a
> more professional approach, follow the NE555 IC idea. radio-shack sells
> those..
>
> If you want to get into making annoying noises: try to modulate
> some high-freq. osc. - there are various tools to generate/synth sounds
> on linux..
> http://apps.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/software_sound_synthesis_and_music_composition_packages
> depending on your flavor try spiralsynthmodular, pure-data,
> supercollider, or a dog-whistle + old hair-dryer approach ;) - There is
> also the possibility of creating sick-feelings with some  <16Hz sounds -
> they don't exactly qualify the subject, but are IMHO more interesting.

This stuff is great.  I know that this isn't "linux" related, but i bought a couple if 555 IC as per the previous suggestion to make a high pitched siren.

Next I'll move on to the following suggestion ... "makes you need to go poop ... now" noises.  This 555 thing will take me a while, i need to brush up onmy soldering skills.

thanks for the ideas :),
--
paulw