[LAU] Nice story

Bengt Gördén bengan at kthnoc.net
Wed Apr 4 04:04:28 EDT 2007

In a nother thread Paul Davis wrote:
> "A great instrument has qualities that the body can learn, and the mind
> cannot"

I've got a nice story about that.

In the late 80th we where touring Holland and Britain with a choir. With us we
had a young piano player (14 year old Daniel Karlsson). Late one evening we
entered a hotel somewhere in Holland and was about to get ready for the
night. Daniel was a bit elated because of the tour and everything. So we
found a piano and some other instruments in a room. We started playing some
standard selections and suddenly it was 12 o'clock and we wanted to go to
bed. Daniel wanted to play some more and we sad to him, just 30 minutes and
than you have to go to bed. After about 1h-2h I heard, from my room, someone
still plays the piano and I though heck, he's still awake. I went over to the
room and found him sitting in front of the piano playing. He played a tune
that was sort of slow but very likable. I went over to him to say that he
must go to bed and when I saw him from the front he was a sleep. I was really
astonished and just stood there a couple of minutes and listened. Finally I
had to wake him up all drowsy and blinked with his eyes saying is it
breakfeast. :-)

He is, BTW one of the more talented piano players in Sweden today. Plays in a
band called Oddjob.

regards,

/bengan