[LAU] Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty -- music is justone path

Louis Acresti lra4691 at rit.edu
Wed Apr 4 08:06:14 EDT 2007

> My take is that art is our attempt at emulating nature and realizing our
> ineptness (pointlessness?) in matching its beauty.

Of all art, I think music follows this trend the most.

What I wonder, is how any particular music can convey any sort of
objective emotion. The emotion we tie to particular sounds depends on
what we're experiencing the first time we hear it. Why, then, do so
many people tend to agree about the feelings certain songs convey?
Perhaps this beauty-in-nature concept is the only explanation.

- Lou