[LAU] Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty -- music is justone path

Charles Linart clinart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:50:59 EDT 2007

.>>To put it bluntly if every morning you were
.>>being prematurely woken up by a beautiful bird song of a bird who lives on a
.>>tree next to your window, I am pretty sure that you would eventually learn
.>>to dislike that sound as much as you currently dislike the sound of your
.>>alarm clock.

Speaking from personal experience, I have to disagree.  A life in
harmony with nature, directed by nature's rhythm is a happy and
beautiful life.  Never been happier than during the period of my life
when the rooster was my alarm clock -- never gotten up so early,
either.  The reason the alarm clock is so disturbing is that it throws
us off that groove.

We are a part of nature and any creative expression is a reference to
that primal connection.  Maybe that's why music made by human beings
can be so pleasing compared to music made by machines.  Sometimes the
MIDIfied stuff just sounds like a big, glorified clock to me.