[LAU] Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty--musicisjustone path

Charles Linart clinart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:34:23 EDT 2007

There are 12 frequencies of sound that are recognized by the human ear
as musical notes.

The limited use of other frequencies can produce rhythms to bind the
notes into musical compositions.  Technology gives us the ability to
turn everything into a drum, but you still need those 12 frequencies
to produce melody.

I am sure that someone smarter than I could precisely describe
mathematically what constitutes rhythm and melody.  Not all sound is
music, but any sound can be incorporated into music.