[LAU] Re: Re: Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty -- musicisjustone path

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 5 17:33:12 EDT 2007

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Ken Restivo escribe:
>> IIRC, some of Bach's music was considered too chromatic and
>> dissonant at the time.
>
> I would consider amazing that you Remember Correctly what happened in
> Bach's era. ;)

There are writings from Bach's time, from other musicians and such
anti-musicians as Critics ;-), in which people of his time expressed
their opinions of his music. I believe that the legendary Toccata &
Fugue in Dminor BWV 565 was considered unpleasantly daring and dramatic.
After all, Bach was a young whippersnapper at the time.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community