[LAU] Re: Re: Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty--musicisjustone path

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Thu Apr 5 18:10:06 EDT 2007

Ivica Ico Bukvic escribe:
> Actually, no. The points are (more or less in the order of importance)
> recontextualization of silence, exploration of indeterminacy, and
> relinquishing the control over the creative process (which is to some extent
> an outgrowth of the second point).

"There is no evidence supporting the sometimes-made claim that Cage
chose the length deliberately, four minutes and thirty-three seconds
being 273 seconds and absolute zero being a temperature of -273 °C."

[1]Here you can download the piece in MIDI, OGG and WAV
formats. Funnily the MIDI version is only 39 bytes long. :)