[LAU] Re: [linux-audio-user] Patch-2.6.20-rt8 and Nvidia Drivers

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Apr 5 19:49:50 EDT 2007

Thomas Kuther wrote:
> On Mo, 12.03.07 17:22 "Reuben Martin" <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I believe only the migration helpers patch is needed for the legacy
>> 96** series.
>>

> Yes, the kmem_cache_t removal patch is not important. The new 9755
> driver doesn't need to be patched at all.
>
> Tom

>>> Don't "fix" the kernel, but fix the drivers ;)
>>> Patches for 9746 driver attached.

Tom,
where did you get these patches? I have an MX4000 and apparently the
last nvidia driver to support this chipset is v9731, but I can't get it
to work. I assume I need these patches and possibly copy over the
obsoleted #define SA_..... entries?

And, what is the "migration helpers patch"?

Basically: do you know what I need to do to make the nvidia driver
version that works for MX4000 work?

thanks!
brad