[LAU] Re: [linux-audio-user] Patch-2.6.20-rt8 and Nvidia Drivers

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Fri Apr 6 04:46:20 EDT 2007

On Do, 05.04.07 16:49 Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:

> Thomas Kuther wrote:
> > On Mo, 12.03.07 17:22 "Reuben Martin" <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I believe only the migration helpers patch is needed for the legacy
> >> 96** series.
> >>

> > Yes, the kmem_cache_t removal patch is not important. The new 9755
> > driver doesn't need to be patched at all.
> >
> > Tom

> Tom,
> where did you get these patches? I have an MX4000 and apparently the
> last nvidia driver to support this chipset is v9731, but I can't get
> it to work. I assume I need these patches and possibly copy over the
> obsoleted #define SA_..... entries?
>
> And, what is the "migration helpers patch"?
>
> Basically: do you know what I need to do to make the nvidia driver
> version that works for MX4000 work?
>
> thanks!
> brad

The migration helper patch just fixes that SA.. IRQ stuff.. one liner.
I don't know what version of nvidia driver works for your MX4000, but
if the new generation one works (it should down to GF4 cards),
then just use the latest  9755 version, that works fine without patches.

For the legacy drivers, there are patches for newer kernels available,
latest I'm aware of is 2.6.19 (Gentoo portage holds a patch for that)

Cheers,
Tom