[LAU] Re: [linux-audio-user] Patch-2.6.20-rt8 and Nvidia Drivers

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Fri Apr 6 06:09:13 EDT 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007, Karsten Wiese wrote:
> Am Freitag, 6. April 2007 schrieb Brad Fuller:
> > where did you get these patches? I have an MX4000 and apparently the
> > last nvidia driver to support this chipset is v9731, but I can't get it
> > to work. I assume I need these patches and possibly copy over the
> > obsoleted #define SA_..... entries?
> >
> > And, what is the "migration helpers patch"?
> >
> > Basically: do you know what I need to do to make the nvidia driver
> > version that works for MX4000 work?
>
> I use the two attached patches:
> 	NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9631-pkg1_IRQF_SHARED.patch against nvidia driver
> and
> 	20-rt_EXPORT_SYMBOL.patch against the kernel.

The first removes the SA_ entries and replaces with equivalent #defined
constant.

Where does one get these patches and how does one apply them (the Nvidia is
closed driver .run file which includes compressed sources inside. The rt8
patch is a patch file, not a collection of source.

BTW: I did not run into any pagefault_disable undefined symbols anywhere to my
recollection. As I said, the rt8 patch had no business removing the SA_
defines (Linus has not done this yet!).