[LAU] Thinkpad R60 for Audio Update - Firewire Conflicts with Audio

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 23:30:12 EDT 2007

Hey List,
So my initial concerns that the HDA Intel audio card shares the IRQ
with ohci1394 seem to have manifested themselves. Using the kernel
option pci=noacpi initially put most of my devices on IRQ11, but then
I was able to move them around using the BIOS. Unfortunately, whenever
I change the IRQs around, HDA Intel, ohci1394, and uhci_hcd:usb2 all
seem to move together, which to me indicates that there's some
lower-level hardware connection between the three of them.

This means that I get loads of xruns if I try to run jackd with a
firewire hard drive plugged in, which is a pain because I bought this
enclosure specifically so that I would have access to the hard drive
that has all my session files on it.

Can anyone think of any possible way that I can use the internal sound
card with my firewire hard drive? Maybe some deeper way of
manipulating the IRQs that I'm not aware of?

I'm planning on getting a PCMCIA sound card at some point, but after
dropping 1,400 on this laptop my extra funds are a little tight for a
while.

Thanks,
spencer