[LAU] Thinkpad R60 for Audio Update - Firewire Conflicts with Audio

Dmitry Baikov dsbaikov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:48:46 EDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Pieter Palmers <pieterp at joow.be> wrote:
> The newer FireWire devices (based upon DM1500 or certainly DICE) will
> exhibit much lower latencies. I don't have figures on that yet, I'll try
> and see if I can get some... I expect something like 50-100 frames of
> extra latency, for a total of around 150 frames. This is quite
> comparable to the PCI cards.

Yay!!! This is MegaCool!
When/if it become true, I'll switch to Firewire, immediately :)
Pieter, may be I should join your team to speed up the process?

My (ex) M-Audio Delta66 (PCI) gave 188 frames at 64x2 at 44.1
MultifaceII (PCMCIA) gives about 200 frames at the same settings  (do
not remember the exact number).

Dmitry.