[LAU] Questions from an audiophile to some engineers

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Wed Apr 11 13:22:10 EDT 2007

> Iron Maiden's latest album was released without any mastering... the
> mix that went to press came right form the mix studio.
>
> -- Brett
I have that one and it is excellent.  So why do some of the
not-so-well-known outfits (Pagan's Mind, Deamons and Wizards) sound so
bad, while bands like Tool soudn great?  Nine Inch Nails is an example of
great studio work, but then again i think Trent Reznor does his own work.

I would say that 85% of my metal and rock sounds aweful.