[LAU] Questions from an audiophile to some engineers

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Wed Apr 11 13:24:53 EDT 2007

> Blame the labels and the mastering methods that they insist upon.
> There's a great article by Rip Rowan using Rush's Vapor Trails as
> an example here:
>    http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/8A133F52D0FD71AB86256C2E005DAF1C
>
> --
>        Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com
> Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - FZappa
Well, Rush is imfamous for bad mastering aren't they?  It's a shame. You'd
think they'd want to get a good drum sound what with Niel Pert and all.

When you speak of "mastering methods" what specificly are you referring
too? I could not get that article to load, so i apologise if the answer is
contained within it.