[LAU] best cheap mic(s) for acoustic / vocal recording?

Phil Sexton philsexton at infoave.net
Thu Apr 12 14:13:23 EDT 2007

Ken Restivo wrote:

> I bought an MXL-990 and tried it out, and didn't like it, so I sold it. But, as has been pointed out by several folks in this thread, that may have more to do with my not knowing what I was doing.

They require 48V phantom power and should be "warmed up" for about 15
minutes with the phantom power on.

My elderly ears (I am 67) can't tell the difference between them and my
AKG C3000B mics, except the AKGs don't seem to need the warmup time.

--
Phil Sexton: http://www.myspace.com/philsexton
Naomi's Fancy: http://www.naomisfancy.net/