[LAU] mp3 player

Ken Dawson dawsonwu at rahul.net
Thu Apr 12 16:06:22 EDT 2007

Hello,

I purchased an iRiver T30, and found that it came boasting MTP
compatibility.  This is a protocol between device and computer which
supports media of various kinds, but not though the USB mass storage
interface.  I found (very weak) support for it through gphoto2, but
finally abandoned it as useless. If your device uses MTP, life will be
difficult.  If it brags UMS support, then it will likely mount as a
normal USB-based removable file system.

/ken