[LAU] Bristol on FC6 x86_64 ?

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 11:15:52 EDT 2007

On 4/15/07, lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:

> Anyone been successful at running Bristol on FC6 x86_64 ?

Well, my first attempt at compiling it for x86_64 showed a few dozen casting
issues of the form:

audioGUI.c: In function 'getControllerName':
audioGUI.c:160: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
audioGUI.c:163: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

These are probably responsible for your segfault. Bristol - at least the
version I'm looking at - was last worked on in 2002. Perhaps there's a later
version in a cvs or svn tree somewhere?

Finding all the spots where these casts occur and redefining the integers as
"size_t" will address this particular issue.

I get is the following (complete console output available):

> # bristol -jack -mini
>
> [...]
> /usr/share/bristol/bin/startBristol: line 302: 22346 Erreur de
> segmentation  $BRISTOL/bin/brighton $* -engine
>
> And although that par tof the program has bailed out, there's still in
> 'ps aux':
>
> /usr/share/bristol/bin/bristol -rate 48000 -count 102
>
> And jack has bristol entries for both audio and MIDI. Hey, if I
> actually try this with a MIDI keyboard...
>
> Nope.  No sound.  Anyways, there's no GUI to change sound parameters.
>
> Anyone been successful at running Bristol on FC6 x86_64 ?

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge
http://the-edge.blogspot.com