[LAU] Bristol on FC6 x86_64 ?

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 13:47:19 EDT 2007

On 4/15/07, Mike Taht <mike.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

A crude patch to convince bristol to compile and run on x86_64 FC6 can be
fetched from http://www.taht.net/~mtaht/bristol_for_x86_64.patch
It applies against bristol-0.9.6-121.src.031407.tgz from sourceforge.

Basically there were issues with altering an environment variable in place,
and issues finding the right lib dirs for x86_64.

The patch is not pretty, but seems to work in my 5 minutes of
experimentation (how to get it to talk to my midi keyboard via jack's
connections?)

Bristol, on the other hand, is quite pretty. I confess, now, that at least
part of my scorn for the VST UIs on other platforms was mere jealousy, as I
didn't have them for Linux. Nice stuff.