[LAU] Re: problems with Bristol on x86_64 SOLVED

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Wed Apr 18 08:15:00 EDT 2007

Nick Copeland wrote:
>> Also, I haven't figured out how to assign MIDI controllers to the
>> graphics controls
>
> The engine and GUI are separate elements. You need to aconnect the
> engine, bristol, to a keyboard to be able play it. You also need to
> connect the GUI, brighton, to a MIDI controller to be able to drive the
> GUI. This is also with aconnect and both bristol and brighton should be
> visible. Then, place the mouse over the GUI device you want to control
> and press the middle mouse button, then joggle the MIDI control you want
> to drive it from.

Hi Nick,

That's great news. I do see two different MIDI ports in the jack control
MIDI connections window. However, they both have the same name. They
are, for example, 131:0 (Bristol / To Bristol) and 133:0 (Bristol / To
Bristol). I had always thought that the second port was the lower manual
of the Hammond, but is this really the GUI port?

Is there a way to specify the port's name? Otherwise I don't see how I
can set up an automatic connection two the second port.

Larry