[LAU] my CD-R sounds weak and bland. What to do?

Charles Linart clinart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:29:22 EDT 2007

> I don't know if jamin can be interconnected with audacity, but with ardour I
> would propose the following:
> 1. Import all your songs into one ardour-session.
> 2. Connect jamin as an insert-effect on the master-track.
> 3. Work your way through mastering... (takes the longest time)

I'm not sure if I have a ram problem or if wires crossed somewhere,
but with both Ardour and JAMin working, the sound gets all chopped up
and horrible.  CPU load jumps from about 3 percent to about 40 percent
with JAMin running as opposed to without.  Everything seems kosher in
the patch bay and with the input/output connections in both Ardour and
JAMin

Patchbay:  JAMin outputs to Ardour, Ardour forwards to JAMin
Ardour:  Ardour track outs 1 and 2 go to JAMin in L and R
JAMin:  outputs back to Ardour's master track

per this tutorial  http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/tutorial.html

All I can think is that I need more ram but there's already a gig and
a half in my box.  Is that enough, or am I doing something wrong with
the connections?