[LAU] [ANN] WhySynth DSSI softsynth 20070418 release

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Thu Apr 19 07:34:11 EDT 2007

Sean Bolton wrote:
> Announcing the 20070418 release of WhySynth, a DSSI softsynth
> plugin.
>
> New since the last major release:
>
> * Two new oscillator modes: phase distortion similar to that used
> in the Casio CZ series synths, and another FM mode.
>
> * GUI enhancements.
>
> * Improvements to the envelope generators, making them more
> responsive to realtime parameters changes.
>
> * A few new patches.
>
> * Some GCC 4 fixes.
>
> Find WhySynth here:
>
>   http://home.jps.net/~musound/whysynth.html
>
> More information on the DSSI plugin standard, available hosts
> and plugins can be found here:
>
>   http://dssi.sourceforge.net/
>
> WhySynth is written and copyright (c) 2007 by Sean Bolton,
> under the GNU General Public License, version 2.

Great.

I really like this synth. Especially to lay out ideas quickly in
Rosegarden. The only thing I miss is the possibility to control
parameters in realtime.

Is there a way to do this? Maybe via OSC messages from an external app?

Anyway, keep up with the good work.

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com