[LAU] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Apr 19 09:58:45 EDT 2007

Geoff Beasley wrote:
> On Thursday 19 April 2007 16:06:31 Florian Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 19 April 2007, Geoff Beasley wrote:
>>
>>> nvdia proprietary drivers work perfectly.
>>>
>> haha, that's quite a bland statement.. It's always good to try with an
>> untainted kernel.
>>
> i have never,never,never had any trouble what-so-ever with stable nvidia
> drivers. my daw has a triple-head nvidia and the other has a dual. completely
> transparent.
>
> just so there is no grey area here :)

I've never had problems with the nvidia driver either, until I used the
realtime kernel (2.6.20-rt8) and the MX4000. The latest nvidia driver
doesn't support this chipset. There is a patch for the rt kernel and the
nvidia v9631 drivers (the last version to support the MX4000) but I
couldn't get it to work (I didn't have time to try very hard, though.)

--
brad fuller
 http://www.Sonaural.com/