[LAU] cards with built in mic pres?

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:28:35 EDT 2007

Does anyone have a recommendation for a alsa supported card with
decent mic pre's built in? Is an echo gina the only viable option?
I've heard the 1010lt has pretty terrible mic pre's. There seem to be
a few very cheap and nice looking aardvark cards on ebay with mic
pre's. Can't seem to find anyhting positive about alsa support and the
company is bust so guess it's not a priority. Any other options i
should look at? This just seems the cheapest/best way. Anyone with the
Mona/Gina/Layla 3g tell me about how the pre's sound? I have a griffin
imic now so i think getting outboard pre's and a decent mic probably
isn't the best option... unless i do something about the card.

Thanks
Loki