[LAU] SID chip emulation?

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:16:52 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 08:50:05PM +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:

> >Sorry.. my mistake.. I did not have g++-3.3 installed (just
> >cpp-3.3 and gcc-3.3)!! (d'oh).
> >
> >I fixed that problem, then exported CC=gcc-3.3 CPP=cpp-3.3
> >CXX=g++-3.3 and it builds fine!!!!
> >
> >THANKS!!
> >
> >James
> >
> i thank you too, cause your request moved me to one more time try to get
> legasynth running and somehow i found this link in the web, but also as
> i am reading now...
> am i understanding right:
>
> on my system there are gcc, cpp and g++ in /usr/bin which are pointing
> at the versions 4.1 normally.
> so if i want to change this temporarily  i remove  them  and make new
> symlinks to lets say v3.3, and later doing this backwards again.
> so if i understand you, for temporarily changing this, i can use
> 'export CC=gcc-3.3 CPP=cpp-3.3 CXX=g++-3.3'

Yes.. that should work fine.

> another thing i did not figured out is that i am able to load one of the
> example patches, but how to configure the patches (patch config).
> changing the parameters in that tab, the sound does not change here at all.
> do you have any idea of how to do it?

I found getting sound out of the Yamaha based synths tricky,
although I worked it out eventually (need to scroll down with bar
on right hand side) but I can alter the sound fine on the SID
synth..

Do banks/new/MOS6581

than patchlist /patch config:

click osc1: change triangle to triangle+saw. You should see the
waveform underneath change, and the sound will change too..

It's pretty close to a C64.. I would really like to see a resid
based synth, but this is the next best thing!

It would be nice if someone would pick up legasynth for further
development too.. it seems like it has a lot of potential..
(although I guess Hexter is probably better for DX emulation
now).

Best wishes,

James