[LAU] [ANN] WhySynth DSSI softsynth 20070418 release

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:30:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:30:58PM +0000, Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> >It's a DSSI plugin, so whether the parameters can be controlled in
> >realtime or not depends entirely on the host - it has full control over
> >the parameter values. If it's a host that supports DSSI GUIs you can
> >also control them over OSC - see the documentation for the protocol on
> >http://dssi.sf.net .
> >

> >--ll
> >
> I knew that. But I haven't figured out how to know the messages
> associated with each synth and its parameters.
>
> Is there a utility to do that?

I wrote a very unimpressive puredata patch to control the nekobee
dssi synth.. It uses the dssi~ puredata external:

http://www.puredata.org/Members/jb/

You could take a look at that to see how I have assigned
different midi controllers to different dssi parameters, so I can
twiddle the knobs on my keyboard and change the resonance for
example..

The problem with doing the same for whysynth is it has _so many_
parameters!

The dssi~ pd external is nice. You can send it an info message
and it prints out all the control numbers of the parameters..
very useful!

I am happy to distribute my pd file if anyone wants it, but I
don't have ready access to any ftp server at present..

James