[LAU] Looking for AD converter

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:07:31 EDT 2007

I helping a friend out who wants to put together a linux / ardour setup.

However, the sound device he origionally suggested was RME's Fireface,
which is a no-go.

I'm having trouble finding a device with similar specs. Does anybody
have any suggestions on devices that work with linux (alsa or freebob)
that can handle the 192k sample rate, have at least 8 analog line
level inputs (not concerned about preamps) and are in the same price
range?

There are lots of nice units out there, but finding something that can
handle 192k kinda reduces the selection really quickly.

The only others I could find that fit those factors were the Roland
FA-101 (only 6 inputs when at 192k) and Apogees stuff (a bit on the
pricy side). So I wanted to see if anybody knew of others that I
didn't think of.

Thanks,
-Reuben