[LAU] Looking for AD converter

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 20:35:08 EDT 2007

On 4/21/07, Bearcat M. Sandor <HomeTheater at feline-soul.com> wrote:
> Reuben,
>
> Much to my excitement RME is releasing the  HDSP AES-32 card ($795 US) and a
> device that does just what you want: the ADI-8QS ($2648 US)
> http://www.synthaxaudio.de/rme/ADI-8QS/html_preview/index.html
>
> Bearcat M. Sandor

Hmm, that looks quite interesting. I will look into that more. I had
seen the AES-32 card, but it was not listed in the ALSA matrix. I
assume it runs off the hdsp driver?

@Everybody else: Personally I have no problem with sticking to 96k,
but I think my friend really wanted 192k. It's his buck, so I'm trying
to see what I can find. Hey, everybody wants the latest cutting edge
stuff...

As to the advantages, I think the biggest advantage is in DSP
processing, especially EQ. The higher the sampling rate, the less skew
and distortion result from the Fourier transforms that take place in
DSP processing.

-Reuben