[LAU] Looking for AD converter

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Mon Apr 23 11:58:27 EDT 2007

Paul,

Has there ever been any demostrable differences between 16/44.1 and 24/96k?

Bearcat
> On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 22:07 -0500, Reuben Martin wrote:
>> I helping a friend out who wants to put together a linux / ardour setup.
>>
>> However, the sound device he origionally suggested was RME's Fireface,
which is a no-go.

>> I'm having trouble finding a device with similar specs. Does anybody
have any suggestions on devices that work with linux (alsa or freebob)
that can handle the 192k sample rate, have at least 8 analog line level
inputs (not concerned about preamps) and are in the same price range?

>> There are lots of nice units out there, but finding something that can
handle 192k kinda reduces the selection really quickly.

> it will reduce your disk space even more rapidly, for no benefit that
has EVER been demonstrated in a double blind test. oh, it will also
increase the CPU load making super low latencies harder to achieve (and
perhaps impossible to achieve) until processor speeds increase 4 fold.