[LAU] FreeBob + TerraTec PHASE 24 FW = SPDIF out

Andrew Gaydenko a at gaydenko.com
Mon Apr 23 16:44:48 EDT 2007

Pieter,

Very glad to see such fast reply from FreeBob developer! Thanks!

=========== On Tuesday 24 April 2007 Pieter Palmers wrote: ===========
> Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm going to try TerraTec PHASE 24 FW with FreeBob. Using CVS/SVN is not
> > a problem. But there is a potential stopper: I need to be able to use the
> > SPDIF out also. Has anybody successful stories here?
>
> With FreeBoB whether SPDIF works or not is dependent on the default
> setting of the device's firmware. With it's successor it will be
> possible to control this.

Has a user a way to influence these settings?

> What sort of SPDIF functionality do you want to use?
> If it is not AC3/DTS but simply 2 channel SPDIF then it will be
> supported pretty soon.

2 channel will be sufficient. As a dream, a mirroring both - SPDIF out
and some of DAC out(s).

> Terratec has been very supportive up till now and I'm very confident
> that we will work out any issues that arise.

Pieter, if I understand well, I have a little hope to take "unofficial FB tester"
status to cooperate with you at case I buy the card :-)

> Greets,
>
> Pieter Palmers
> FreeBoB/FFADO developer

Thanks!