[LAU] Syntheway VST plugins for Linux

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Apr 25 09:19:11 EDT 2007

Lars Luthman wrote:

>On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 08:39 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
>

>>... the author has indicated
>>FST-compatibility for his work, complete with recommended system
>>requirements.
>>

>That's a pretty bold statement, especially for something he expects
>people to pay money for. Aren't there lots of variables other than the
>JACK, Wine and FST versions that could break the compatibility?

Perhaps, but those would be general problems that would likely affect
the performance of JACK, Wine, FST, et al. Do you have specific
variables in mind  that you think would create incompatibility issues ?

Note that he calls for FST 1.7, but I used 1.8 (requires lashd). I also
used a different version of Wine, nor was my JACK version what he
recommends. I think he's safe as long as those softs remain compatible
with each other.

>He doesn't mention the hardware platform either.

Well, it's pretty much gotta be a 32-bit system, probably
Intel/AMD-based only, right ?

I tested the plugs on an 800 MHz Duron, not exactly a swingin' machine.

Best,

dp