[LAU] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Wed Apr 25 14:11:48 EDT 2007

David Froseth schrieb:
> I went into the BIOS of my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 mobo and I changed the
> PCI1 IRQ Assignment from "Auto" to "9".  When I checked /proc/interrupts
> , the ICE1712 us still at 74.
> any ideas?  Also the video card fits in
> the PCI Express x16 slot.  There is no IRQ Assignment option for this
> slot in the BIOS.  The command 'lspci -vvv' lists the nvidia card:
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controtter: nVidia ...
>     Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 15
>
> The IRQ number 15 does not show in the /proc/interrupts file.  Why? I do
> not recognize any of the items in the /proc/interrupts list as being the
> video card.  'lspci -vvv' also shows:
>
> 05:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA ....  ICE1712  ...
>     Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 74
>
> It seems the BIOS change did not work on the sound card.

The interrupts are abstracted by acpi, to have the BIOS-Settings you
made reflected in /proc/interrupts you need to start your system with
acpi=no - this must be put in /boot/grub/menu.lst somewhat like this:

kernel     /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-26-386 root=/dev/hda6 ro acpi=no splash

BUT: if the system behaves as you wish now, there is no need to abandon
acpi. To find out, If the IRQ-thing is basically set OK is simple
enough: In the most cases the M-Audio does not work if it has to share
its IRQ - so if it works OK playing an ogg-file with xmmms via alsa the
card should be set up OK.

> How can I find out if I have installed the low-latency kernel?

try :

:~$ uname -a

good luck ;-)
HZN