[LAU] My first impulse response

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Apr 26 10:53:31 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2007 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 10:39:33PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > Question of the day: Is it possible to create IRs with aliki not via
> > sweep but via delta pulse?
> > I do have some locations which I would love to sample but I can't
> > transport my speakers there.
> You don't need Aliki to do this. If you can produce somehow a loud pulse
> (a gunshot is the classical way) all you need to do is to record it.
> Problem of course is the enormous peak/average amplitude ratio, so the IR
> will have a poor S/N ratio. The frequency response won't be correct either.
> You could use the result for reverb effect etc. but it will not be the
> exact impulse response.

Ah, so "all" aliki does is compute the pulse-signal from the sweep and its
response and save that? Beginning to understand the convolution...

Idea for the next aliki-release: Extend the export to also export jace config
files. :-)

Fons: Thanks for that great software of yours! I am thinking about lashifying
jace. Anyone interested in this?

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/