[LAU] Reverb status?

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Wed Aug 1 08:54:05 EDT 2007

Hallo!

> Hello. What open source and free(dom) reverbs do we have available?
> I authored GVerb and wish to have something better.

There are GVerb, Freeverb, TAP Reverberator AFAIK.
TAP Reverberator is also a standalone program where you can edit much
more as in the ladspa plugin, then you can load this as a preset in ladspa.

> What free (possibly not open source) reverbs do you use?

There are also some free VST reverbs which I tried with ardour on linux:
Ambience, Transverb, Classic Reverb

For more see here: http://ardour.org/node/1079

> What kind of reverb presets people use for vocals?
> Lately I have listened to Madonna's Confessions tour DVD
> which has good reverb effects. I would like to know more
> about that kind of working presets. Also, Timbaland uses good
> vocal processings (Nelly Furtado/Say it right, Timbaland/
> The way I are). I would like to know more if I wish to
> develop such a vocal reverb myself.

Try them and then decide for yourself ... ;)

LG
Georg