[LAU] LADPSA or DSSI granular synthesis

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:26:18 EDT 2007

Hi MiS.  You were recently mentioned to me on the Pd list as a fellow
Pd/Csound user... been having some issues, might contact you off-list...

I don't know if Csound yet has the ability to act as a DSSI instrument, only
a host, I thought.  It will act as a LADSPA plugin, for Audacity and Muse
that I know of (somehow doesn't seem to work with Rosegarden or Ardour for
me).
But, having played with Csound's granular a good deal, I *highly* recommend
it for anyone interested in that.  Using a user-defined waveform is
standard, you can control every aspect, switch between waveforms, do other
effects on the result, and honestly I think it's capable of things no other
program is with granular.  Definitely miles ahead of Reason's Maelstrom.
Like I said, I don't believe it can be a DSSI instrument yet, but it can be
controlled by MIDI through aconnect or qjackctl.
I've used both the "fog" and "fof2" commands for great granular effects.  I
believe "fog" was the one I found most useful.

-Chuckk

http://www.badmuthahubbard.com