[LAU]Sound card doesn't work

J M Needham J.M.Needham at bath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 13:57:16 EDT 2007

Ok, many apologies, point taken. It's a soundblaster audigy ona  machine
running kubuntu feisty which I changed from ubuntu. Kernel version
2.6.20-15-generic. It worked fine with dappper, but I upgraded yesterday
and now I don't have sound.

Not sure how to get alsa version, I think it's 1.0.13 , although that's
what it says on alsamixer. (sorry I'm a little basic at this at the
moment).

Any ideas appreciated.

Jonty