[LAU] mute laptop speakers with Intel HDA

Michael Baranov michael.baranov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:54:46 EDT 2007

Greetings!

I've a very annoying problem with ALSA on my new Toshiba P205: I can not
mute speakers when headphones are connected via a jack. There is an
option in alsamixer called 'headphone' that just enables the sound in
the jack, but does NOT mute the speakers.

Can anybody help? lsmod and lspci output attached.
Ubuntu Gusty tribe 2, kernel 2.6.22

Other 'strange' things:
1) option 'caller id'. No idea what it is.
2) option 'off-hook'. No idea what it is.
3) channel called 'speakers' does not control sound level or mute the
speakers!

Thanks!!!

--
Michael Baranov